Saturday, July 28, 2012

Live Simply....



Photo pinched from here.

Today, I closed my facebook account. I feel freer. I am happy with my decision to do this. Reading Rhonda's post at Down to Earth (and the comments that follow it) was what finally tipped me over the edge of that decision.... it is something I have thought a lot about, and even tried once, but never really committed to. Now I am more aware than ever that Facebook doesn't help me to live simply, it doesn't motivate me to love my children better, it doesn't help me get those daily tasks done and it doesn't give meaning to my life.

Today, also, we finish the final preparations for our trip to Broome. An ultimate exercise in living simply - living out of our car for a month. Simultaneously, we are packing the house ready for our house move, a few days after we return from Broome. Packing is a tedious, time consuming, thankless activity but it does allow me to thoughtfully consider every item that goes into each box - do I really need this? Does this enrich my life? I have sold a lot of unused/not needed possessions over the past few weeks, with even more going to one of the local opshops. Packing may be thankless, but decluttering, well, THAT I love!

We leave tomorrow (providing everything gets done!) and I am so thankful that we have the opportunity to do this trip. Our lives are truly blessed. We will thinking of many while we away, particularly loved ones who are getting married, and those who are having babies. I look forward to catching up with you all in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to pop in here and let me know you are reading along!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...