Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Cheery Christmas Creating.

It is such quintessential Australian weather here at the moment.... hot and steamy one minute, dark and stormy and humid the next. I love sitting at my sewing table watching the summer storms roll in over the hills, bringing the hint of a cool breeze with them. I know that very soon, this pattern will even out to long strings of very hot and dry days and we will long for the relief of a summer storm or two!

Sitting at my sewing table is something I have been doing a lot of lately. Our handmade Christmas preparations are going swimmingly and we are all well into the swing of all things festive. I have enjoyed creating things for our home that we will love pulling out of the Christmas box year after year, and I love getting the kids involved in making things, too. They are little for such a short time, and I know it will be very special for all of us to look back on the things they have made during this time, in years to come.

Some of our makings:

The kids' crafting table!

Putting up the tree.

The 'holly' the kids made... from leaves out of our garden and old baubles.

Christmas lanterns we made as a family.

Mary and Baby Jesus

Together with Joseph, under the tree.

Peace bunting I made at my sewing night last night.

Joy bunting, hand stitched onto hessian flags.
We hope you and yours are having a merry, meaningful lead up to the Festive Season!

4 comments:

  1. And a Christmas greeting to you too!!
    Just popped over from D2E after Rhondas recommendation - not much time for blog hopping this time of year but I do like to visit others peoples places!!! I'll be back to have a better look around another day because right now I'm off to garden ......again...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Evi,
      Thanks for stopping by! I popped into your place, and found myself feeling right at home! Sister Sun is a beautiful blog. I am grain free, sugar free, hubby does karate, we are DYING to get hold of a scoby.... I have a feeling I will enjoy hanging out at your place! Have a great Christmas.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure they will look back with fond memories.It's also nice for the kids to rediscover their handmades when they unpack the decorations for the following christmas. Loving your peace bunting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tania,
      Thanks for your visit and kind words! My little blog is quivering with excitement that you stopped by again. Ivy Nest is one of our favourite places to hang out! Have a very merry Christmas.

      Delete

Feel free to pop in here and let me know you are reading along!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...